Lainate,May 2012 – Carlo Gavazzi Automation, the international electronics Group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment, announces the launch of the new modules VMU-C and VMU-W, completing the range dedicated to the management and control of systems for photovoltaic plants.
The monitoring of solar plants is effected by the combination of the Eos-Array system and the Eos-Web modules. The first handles measurement and control functions split into independent modules, so as to improve system reliability, while the Eos-Web, acting as a compact web-server, is able to gather data from Carlo Gavazzi’s range of Eos-Array systems, Inverters and Energy Meters. Eos-Web, in combination with Eos-Array as a comprehensive control solution, is capable of showing the efficiency yield graphs and handling the management of information, all accessible by the user through the web-browser.
“In order to correctly monitor investment in solar installations, we can offer a reliable tool which enables the PV plant owner to constantly check how the plant is performing, keeping its efficiency under control and verifying the payback time,” Fabio D’Incà, International Product Manager, states. “With the introduction of these modules, we are confident to strengthen our position in the renewable energy market, following the new rooftop PV world feed-in tariff trend.”
Developed in our R&D centre in Belluno (Italy), the Eos-Web is a versatile device which enables the web-server function by means of the VMU-C module, when a wired internet is available. The VMU-W mobile modem unit can be added if wireless communication is needed.
Main technical features
• Micro PC with Web-server and Web service capability
• Management of: DC and environmental variables from VMU units; AC variables, alarms and error messages from inverter;
AC variables from energy meters.
• Efficiency calculation and control on 3 different levels: string, BOS and Performance ratio or Yield indices
• Variables shown as graphs and numbers in formatted tables
• Alarm control with automatic e-mailing and SMS management
• All data exports on HTML format compatible with Excel or other spread sheets
• Internal data storage up to 30 years
• Optional automatic data back-up on micro SDHC memories
• Two RS485 communication ports (Modbus), one Ethernet port and two USB 2.0 ports
• 12 to 28 VDC power supply
• 2-DIN modules with IP40 protection degree
ABOUT CARLO GAVAZZI AUTOMATION
Carlo Gavazzi Automation is an international electronics group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment targeted at the global markets of industrial automation,building automation and energy.
Carlo Gavazzi Automation provides customers with technologically innovative, high quality and competitive solutions, in compliance with their requirements and expectations through its 21 National Sales Companies in Europe, North America, Asia & Pacific,operating in Denmark, Italy, Malta, Lithuania and China with its production sites and R&D Competence Centres.
For further information:
Carlo Gavazzi Automation SpA - Via Milano 13 – 20020 Lainate (MI) - Italy
Strategy & Communication - email@example.com - www.gavazziautomation.com